Light Weight Hikers Blog proudly stocks the e2e Gram Weenie Pro Stoves

As part of trying to spread a lighter weight style of hiking here in Australia I have made an arrangement with a US based cottage manufacturer to sell his light weight stoves here. End2End Trail Supply’s owner George Carr has been perfecting light weight alcohol stoves for many years and am very pleased to be working with him, these stoves are great. The Gram Weenie Pro which can be see from the link here; weighs an amazing 19 grams. For those curious on how these work George has a youtube video; How to light GWP YouTube To keep things simple and cheap, I am selling the Gram Weenie Pro Stove, windshield, primer pan and Fuel bottle for $20.00 plus the cost of shipping anywhere in Australia.

Sunday, July 5, 2009

E2E of the Bibbulmun Track


This week I will going though the materials I have to work out the shortest time it would take for me to End to End (E2E) or thru hike, as some of you may call it, the Bibbulmun Track.
For the past few years I have been section hiking this trail which runs for approximately 1000 Km's but the more I walk it this way the more I long to do it in the one hit. I think it's one of those things that I just have to do and get out of my system else I will never get the urge out of my mind.
At this stage I would looking at mid to end 2010, there is lots of planning to do and I will also need to convince the wife and family this is a good thing to do. It will take about 4-5 weeks so not something that I can enter into lightly. Stay tuned for notes and ideas as they come to my mind.

2 comments:

  1. G'day

    I believe the quickest time to do an end to end was around 17 days. Something to aim for :)

    Regards
    Andrew

    ReplyDelete
  2. They must have been powering along. I will double and tripple hut some sections so maybe I wont be far off.

    Cheers

    ReplyDelete