Light Weight Hikers Blog proudly stocks the e2e Gram Weenie Pro Stoves

As part of trying to spread a lighter weight style of hiking here in Australia I have made an arrangement with a US based cottage manufacturer to sell his light weight stoves here. End2End Trail Supply’s owner George Carr has been perfecting light weight alcohol stoves for many years and am very pleased to be working with him, these stoves are great. The Gram Weenie Pro which can be see from the link here; weighs an amazing 19 grams. For those curious on how these work George has a youtube video; How to light GWP YouTube To keep things simple and cheap, I am selling the Gram Weenie Pro Stove, windshield, primer pan and Fuel bottle for $20.00 plus the cost of shipping anywhere in Australia.

Sunday, December 27, 2009

MLD Superlight Bivy - a further weight reduction


In my attempts to further lighten my hiking load I purchased myself a new Mountain Laurel Designs Superlight Bivy. The new model is designed to fit the Therm-a-rest NeoAir mattress, and should work well with my GoLite Quilt or my home made ones. The Superlight weighs 196g and is made from a combination of momentum DWR and Silnylon, it also has an eVent foot pannel. In terms of options I selected the all net hood, right hand side zipper and coyote colour. Ron has closed MLD over the christmas period so hopefully not too far into the new year I should see it.

*Image from MLD website

5 comments:

  1. Hi

    Interested in knowing if you use a fly with this or is this really for dry weather trips?

    Regards
    Andrew

    ReplyDelete
  2. G'Day Andrew,

    My intention to use the Bivy in the Bib shelters or under a small tarp.

    I doubt it would hold up in the open air.

    Thanks for checking in.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bought the same bag and the hexamid. We seem to be on the same wavelength. Keep up the good blogging.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I bought the same bivy last year. It's a good one. The eVent foot box and larger net window in the current model oughta be nice improvements.

    It's not really meant to be used out in the open -- the bottom is a waterproof silnylon, but the top is only water-resistant. That makes it very breathable and ideal for use with a tarp, but without a tarp, you won't stay dry in the rain.

    The coyote color is pretty nice, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. hi there,

    how does the bivy work with the hexamid? -- i read on BPL that some people had an issue finding a spot to tie the bivy up inside the hexamid?

    do let me know what you guys did?

    ReplyDelete