Light Weight Hikers Blog proudly stocks the e2e Gram Weenie Pro Stoves

As part of trying to spread a lighter weight style of hiking here in Australia I have made an arrangement with a US based cottage manufacturer to sell his light weight stoves here. End2End Trail Supply’s owner George Carr has been perfecting light weight alcohol stoves for many years and am very pleased to be working with him, these stoves are great. The Gram Weenie Pro which can be see from the link here; weighs an amazing 19 grams. For those curious on how these work George has a youtube video; How to light GWP YouTube To keep things simple and cheap, I am selling the Gram Weenie Pro Stove, windshield, primer pan and Fuel bottle for $20.00 plus the cost of shipping anywhere in Australia.

Saturday, March 20, 2010

Gear List 2010 - Take I

11 comments:

  1. Nice list. Impreesing low weight. But where are your back pack?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Roger,

    I left that out as I alternate quite a bit, currently I am using a Golite Dawn.

    Thanks for checking in.

    Cheers
    Mark

    ReplyDelete
  3. No pack, no shelter, no raingear....

    Easy to get light when you leave them off.

    ReplyDelete
  4. To answer your question Anonymous; raingear isnt needed when the temps currently are still in the 30's, listing every item for both summer and winter isnt a true representation as to what someone would take out with them. No shelter, well there is actually an MDL Bivy listed there and I generally stay in the trail shelters, AT style. No pack, again as per previous post I change packs often so chose to leave that out. Add another 275g to the list for the Golite Dawn.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice list, Mark. I'd leave the 2nd shirt for day two out to save a little more weight, if it is only a short trip it possible to go only with one ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Hendrik,

    I think you are right, clothing is one thing that I need to refine. My next purchase will be a Montbell Down Inner.

    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very nice list. You gettting it down there. And as mentioned beforel...leave out the shirt. I never take an "extra" along even when I am out for weeks on end.

    Mugs

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Mugs, Looks like the shirt is out.

    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  9. Agree with the shirt comments - merino wool base layers didn't smell even after a 5 day LDP hike last year and we were sweating at 20km each day and 500m+ ascent and descent...

    I wear a Montane Bionic short-sleeve or Smartwool long-sleeve crew or Zip T depending on the weather.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I guess I don't really get the point of pushing the weight reduction to this extreme. For me a 25 pound pack is not so pleasant to carry long distances, but 5 to 10 pounds, I barely notice.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Mark,
    I'm another Aussie ( Sydney) for now, and have been searching and trying to decide on a top bag. My choices are either FF, Nunatuk or Enlightened Epiphany, and the Golite bag. How is the Golite bag and what temps do you use it in. I am planning to do the AAWT next March and would be grateful if you could offer me your experience on the bag.
    Thanks,
    Matt

    ReplyDelete