Light Weight Hikers Blog proudly stocks the e2e Gram Weenie Pro Stoves

As part of trying to spread a lighter weight style of hiking here in Australia I have made an arrangement with a US based cottage manufacturer to sell his light weight stoves here. End2End Trail Supply’s owner George Carr has been perfecting light weight alcohol stoves for many years and am very pleased to be working with him, these stoves are great. The Gram Weenie Pro which can be see from the link here; weighs an amazing 19 grams. For those curious on how these work George has a youtube video; How to light GWP YouTube To keep things simple and cheap, I am selling the Gram Weenie Pro Stove, windshield, primer pan and Fuel bottle for $20.00 plus the cost of shipping anywhere in Australia.

Saturday, June 19, 2010

Mont-Bell U.L Down Inner Jacket


My Mont-bell U.L Down Inner Jacket is on the way from campsaver.com. This should save me a few hundred grams.

6 comments:

  1. Look forward to hearing your views on the jacket. I looked at one myself (also the Down UL Parka) to complement my Down Inner pants.

    I'm pretty happy with the pants but they do leak quite a bit of down compared to my PHD Ultra Down vest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mac E, thanks for the note. Definately looking forward to this, mainly due to the weight and space reduction.

    Will feedback how well it works out

    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutly love my U.L. Inner. It is my go-to take on every trip jacket. Have had it for about 3 years and it is still just as funtional now as was new. Paired with a wind shirt/parka and a thermal underneath the temps can be pushed to slightly above the 1-3C mark.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I read a review of this some time ago in TGO and was not really interested in an insulating layer, happy with 100 weight fleeces as I then was. What a mistake! I wear an insulating layer every time we stop for a break on a cold hill-side, when we pitch for the night and in my bag if I need a thermal boost. Not sure about the Mont-Bell UL as it is not designed to be worn in inclement weather whereas the Patagonia Nano Puff could be and has a very good DWR finish. Clearly, I would protect the Nano Puff from wet weather as well, but I would not be quite so fanatical about doing so as I would the UL. I'll follow your blog with interest to see what you think.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am interested as well to hear your thoughts on this jacket. I am between this jacket and the MB Ex Light. Of course the Ex Light for the weight, but I wouldn't mind to have a pocket... I just don't know though, this is a very close decision....

    ReplyDelete
  6. The 6.9 oz is impressive, but I think I'll stick with my warmer Eddie Bauer Downlight Jacket which was half the price (though 4 ounces heavier). Both have 800 fill down.

    ReplyDelete