Light Weight Hikers Blog proudly stocks the e2e Gram Weenie Pro Stoves

As part of trying to spread a lighter weight style of hiking here in Australia I have made an arrangement with a US based cottage manufacturer to sell his light weight stoves here. End2End Trail Supply’s owner George Carr has been perfecting light weight alcohol stoves for many years and am very pleased to be working with him, these stoves are great. The Gram Weenie Pro which can be see from the link here; weighs an amazing 19 grams. For those curious on how these work George has a youtube video; How to light GWP YouTube To keep things simple and cheap, I am selling the Gram Weenie Pro Stove, windshield, primer pan and Fuel bottle for $20.00 plus the cost of shipping anywhere in Australia.

Sunday, June 6, 2010

Sea To Summit - UltraSil Daypack

My new goal, to pack for an overnight hike, light and compact enough to use a Sea To Summit Ultra Sil Daypack. I picked the pack up today nice and cheap on sale for a new store opening.

Achievable? Well we will see.





Ultra-Sil™ Day Pack
Ultra-light - only 68g
Volume - 20 Litres
Packs down small so it easily fits in pockets, purses or luggage
Simple, streamlined design so it’s light and low profile
Siliconized Cordura® for strength and durability
Water resistant fabric contains shopping spills and wet swimsuits or jackets
Two-way zipper closure

4 comments:

  1. Very pleased to say that this pack performed really well. I took it out for a 20 Km day hike and did not encounter any issues at all. With the relative low contents weight the shoulder straps did not become uncomfortable as I had initially thought they would.
    Well done Sea To Summit, I have found a new day pack.

    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Kiva Designs keychain pack only has half the volume (10 liters) as the Sea to Summit for the same weight... But the Kiva is about half the price.

    http://www.westmarine.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10001&storeId=11151&partNumber=6478648&langId=-1

    ReplyDelete
  3. I looked up the Kiva just today, and from the reviews I gathered that the manufacturing is really shitty, and you'll have to bust out the sewing kit all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yep, I had the Kiva on a trip to SE Asia. I had it for only about a month before I could see I was going to have to re-enforce the seams with my own stitching and sewing kit. But then the bag got stolen. It's all good though cuz now I'm gonna order this Sea To Summit day pack! I saw a few of them during my travels and could tell they are MUCH more durable, fashionable, comfortable, and practical than the Kiva.

    I paid $10 for the Kiva, and I found the Sea To Summit on Amazon for $20, usually it's around $30 on most sites. Many travelers who had one told me they got theirs for around $10 or less but some of them bought the pack in Australia, which I believe is where the company is based out of.

    ReplyDelete