Light Weight Hikers Blog proudly stocks the e2e Gram Weenie Pro Stoves

As part of trying to spread a lighter weight style of hiking here in Australia I have made an arrangement with a US based cottage manufacturer to sell his light weight stoves here. End2End Trail Supply’s owner George Carr has been perfecting light weight alcohol stoves for many years and am very pleased to be working with him, these stoves are great. The Gram Weenie Pro which can be see from the link here; weighs an amazing 19 grams. For those curious on how these work George has a youtube video; How to light GWP YouTube To keep things simple and cheap, I am selling the Gram Weenie Pro Stove, windshield, primer pan and Fuel bottle for $20.00 plus the cost of shipping anywhere in Australia.

Saturday, June 26, 2010

That was one cold hike

Well as cold as it gets here anyway's, you guys and gals in the US may think differently.

I went out on a 15 km's hike in search of several(8) geocaches that I had been meaning to do for sometime. At 8:30am my Suunto watch read 6 Deg C. So cold my Oboz shoes were covered in ice.




Spot the Roo

7 comments:

  1. There isn't even snow & ice on the ground ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's about as close as we get there Hendrik :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Was that at Bell's Rapids or Walyunga by any chance?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jason, that was Walyunga National park, you are correct. Is that you stomping ground?

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is indeed where I do a fair majority of my day hikes. I prefer Bell's Rapids personally as I can take the dog there, but am also fond of Walyunga.

    I'm planning a 2 day hike from Bell's Rapids to Toodyay in the cooler months of this year. It's almost smack on 60k from Bell's Rapids to the Toodyay pub :)

    Here's a couple of pics from last year in Bell's Rapids.

    http://rufn.it/hikingpics/022.JPG
    http://rufn.it/hikingpics/026.JPG

    Ignore the dates on the shots, it was a mate who took the pics and his camera mustn't have been correctly set up :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good to hear,

    Hike up to Toodyay will be an experience, is there a defined route you plan to walk? Would be great to hear your plans.

    Pictures are awesome too!

    Cheers
    Mark

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well the support track that runs parallel to the rail line seems like a good choice, however, I've been in contact with Westnet Rail who manage it and they've advised that unless I'm a qualified Rail Support Officer (or something similar) or have one with me, I cannot use their support track or cross the rail line.

    I think what I'll do is try to stick as close to the river as possible and should I encounter any difficulties meander up to the support track and then back down to the river when feasible.

    I don't want it to be a 2 day walk on a gravel track, but I'm cognisant of the fact that walking on the river bank won't be possible the entire time.

    How often are you out at Walyunga hiking?

    ReplyDelete