Light Weight Hikers Blog proudly stocks the e2e Gram Weenie Pro Stoves

As part of trying to spread a lighter weight style of hiking here in Australia I have made an arrangement with a US based cottage manufacturer to sell his light weight stoves here. End2End Trail Supply’s owner George Carr has been perfecting light weight alcohol stoves for many years and am very pleased to be working with him, these stoves are great. The Gram Weenie Pro which can be see from the link here; weighs an amazing 19 grams. For those curious on how these work George has a youtube video; How to light GWP YouTube To keep things simple and cheap, I am selling the Gram Weenie Pro Stove, windshield, primer pan and Fuel bottle for $20.00 plus the cost of shipping anywhere in Australia.

Thursday, November 3, 2011

Missing in action

Hi all,

Well it has been a while since my last post and any engagement in my normal activities.

Early in the year I was diagnosed with severe depression brought on by a few personal issues which I am happy to report are on the mend and I am starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel as they say.

I have also been under the knife again for another, hopefully final, round of spinal surgery to correct some disk and nerve damage due to a MVA back in 2009.

As I mentioned things are starting to look up, and with the great help and support of family and friends I am to return to maintaining this blog and pick up my hiking time.

If depression affects you there are lots of great resources out there, one I found particularly useful was Beyond Blue. Sometimes just a few words to someone who seems to be struggling is all it takes.

Take care,
Trail_geek

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like your heading in the right direction Mark. I wish you the best in your recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mark. Sorry to hear about the surgery and the depression but really pleased to hear that you are on the up and up. I hope that continues for you.

    BTW still using the quilt too :)

    Take care. Andrew

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Mark, just read your article in the Bibb track magazine over the weekend in the Manjimup area (Beavis and Boarding House campsites, great area). Was wondering why I hadn't seen anything from you on BPL for a long time. Let me know if you want to head out for an overnighter one weekend- always looking for a willing hiking parter. Glad you're on the way up with managing your illness. Cheers, Will Inman,
    empacitator@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Mark,

    Hope you're still doing ok. Been checking for updates for a while now!

    As per Will's comment above, I'm also keen for an overnighter and to finally meet up with you.

    Drop me a line uneekwahn@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete